Well, my dad just brought down both my AGT doll, and the Carpatina dress I ordered for my birthday (for some reason, it was shipped to my billing address even though I specified a different shipping address -- annoying, but oh well).

I got the green Celtic princess outfit. It's made of a green muslin type fabric (sorry, I'm not good at IDing fabric) with gold ribbon trim with a celtic knot design. It comes with a matching belt and gold slippers.

First, the positives! Anyone who's seen this outfit online probably knows how pretty it is. It's just as pretty in person. I love the little details like the snaps on the back, the removable belt, and the "emerald" on the belt. The shoes fit and look darling. The quality of workmanship is very good. I would say equal to current AG, but perhaps not as sturdy seeming as PM outfits (anyone who's had a PM outfit since girlhood knows what I mean [img]smile.gif[/img] ).

Negatives: The biggest drawback of this outfit is the sleeves, or rather, the armbands. I don't know if it's just that my doll has fat arms, or if the bands were tight, but I had a reeeally hard time getting the armbands on past the fingers on her right hand. Then I had a really hard time getting the armbands to go even a little past the elbow. I did eventually get them to where they are shown in the picture, but it took some work. So that might be something to keep in mind for someone who's planning on giving this dress to a little girl.

That's it!

Overall rating: - A. Great for collectors, and careful children.

<font color="#051E50" size="1">[ November 08, 2005 11:42 PM: Message edited by: only1genevieve ]</font>